Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a muzzleloading rifle.
The course is 12 hours in length and includes classroom instruction and time on a range shooting a muzzleloading rifle. Students learn the NRA’s three rules for safe gun handling; parts; loading; shooting; cleaning; shooting from a standing position and shooting from a crossed stick position; and continued opportunities for skill development.
Students will receive:
- Muzzleloading Rifle Handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Muzzleloading Student Examination
- Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
- Course completion certificate.